Humiston Woods Nature Preserve Horse Trails

2100 North Rd
Pontiac, IL 61764
United States

Humiston Woods is made up of 98% hardwood forest and the other 2% is composed of 8 acres of restored prairie.  The Vermilion River is a primary feature that meanders through the nature center.  With 160 different varieties of plants and animals,  there is always something to look at while out in the woods. The spring ephemerals including eastern spring beauties, shooting stars, hyacinths and spiderworts,are a highlight. The topography of Humiston Woods varies from bottomland to bluff.

Open Dates

Year-round, weather and conditions permitting

Distance and Terrain
3.0 miles

Standard parking


Livingston County roads 1100 East and 1200 East on 2100 North Road, about six miles west of Exit 201 on Interstate 55.

Contact Info